This is one of our favorites that never fails!
Caramel Brownies
1 bag (about 50-60 pieces) Kraft caramels
2/3 C of evaporated milk, divided
1 German chocolate cake mix
7 T margarine
1 C chocolate chips
Put caramels and 1/3 C evaporated milk in saucepan on medium heat to melt. Stir frequently until smooth. (Or melt it in the microwave for 3-4 minutes, stirring every minute). Mix dry cake, melted margarine, 1/3 C milk together. This will be a stiff batter. Pat half of it into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and drizzle the caramel over that. Drop small pieces of remaining batter over the caramel. Bake again for another 18 minutes. Remove and cool. The caramel is more set up the cooler the brownies are.
* Tip: I usually get my caramel stuff unwrapped and ready to go first, and then melt my caramel while that first part is baking for the 7 minutes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Thanks for this recipe. We love anything chocolate and caramel. Of course, it's always better when YOU make it!
I can say this is THE best dessert recipe we've ever stolen from you!
Although, I haven't had your Almond joy's or the little cheesecakes.....I think next time we should make those!
You gave me this recipe back in college. Thank goodness I've had 11 years of caramely goodness.
Post a Comment